Dharamshala & Mcleodganj
Dharamsala is located in the district of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. What many people don’t know is that there are two parts of the city. One is known as Lower Dharamshala, which is its commercial center and dotted with markets, courts and the famous Kotwali Bazaar, where you come across items of everyday use. Upper Dharamshala is home to Mcleodganj as well as other structures which remind you of its colonial past. The two different parts of the city have something different to offer. As a tourist, it offers you the opportunity to unwind and take in the beauty of the surroundings.
Dalhousie is one of the most famous hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. It stretches itself leisurely through the five mountains, Kathlog, Potreyn, Terah, Bakrota and Bhangora. It was established by Lord Dalhousie in 1850, and there are many things that remind you of its colonial past. Sightseeing though, is one of the many ways of keeping yourself busy here.Those visiting Dalhousie do so to be in the company of nature, and it keeps them company always. It doesn’t matter which part of the town you may be in, the sight of snowcapped peaks of Dhauladhar Range greet you constantly. The clouds embrace the mountains in the distance, while the greenery of the landscape is brought out by the sun’s rays in another. This contrast lightens the mood and cheers you up.
|Pickup Point||Chandigarh Railway Station/Airport|
|Drop-off Point||Amritsar Railway Station/Airport|
|Mode Of transport||Private Vehicle|
- On arrival at Chandigarh, transfer to Chandigarh Hotel.
- In evening, half day tour including ISKCON Temple, Chandigarh Rose Garden & very famous Rock Garden. If time permits, visit Gurudwara and retire for the day.
- Overnight stay in Chandigarh.
- Post breakfast, Transfer to Dharamshala.
- After reaching, check-in at your hotel
- Dharamshala it is a beautiful and serene hill town that shot to fame after Holi Dalai Lama took shelter here.
- pend the rest of the day by indulging in the activities of your interest.
- Stay overnight at Dharamshala.
- After breakfast, proceed for half-day sightseeing in Dharamshala including below :
- Dal Lake - Placed amidst lush greenery the lake also has a Shiva temple on its banks.
- St. John's Church - an Anglican church built in 1852, it is dedicated to John The Baptist.
- Tibetan Monastery - for witnessing the worshipping rituals of the region.
- Bhagsu Nag Temple - an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Snake God, Nag and Lord Shiva.
- In evening, visit Dharamshala International Cricket Stadium.
- Overnight stay at Dharamshala.
- Post breakfast, get transferred to Dalhousie, by road.
- En-route, admire the mesmerizing scenery, the cool breeze and the verdant greenery sprinkled all around.
- Upon arrival in Dalhousie, complete the check-in at the hotel.
- In evening, visit Satdhara Falls, Chamunda Devi Temple.
- Indulge in some street shopping. Overnight stay at Dalhousie.
- Full day excursion to Chamba and Khajjiar.
- Both these towns near Dalhousie are known for their lush landscape, floral meadows and tranquility.
- The list of attractions of the day includes :
- Central Park - it offers a magnificent view of the entire hill town.
- Rang Mahal - one of the largest monuments of the region that is built in Mughal-British architecture.
- Khajjiar Lake - Most iconic location in Khajjiar.
- Bhuri Singh Museum - Named after Chamba's former king, it houses collection of miniature paintings, wooden carvings etc
- If you are an adventure enthusiast, you can also try your hand at zorbing.
- Back to Dalhousie for overnight stay,
- Early morning, drive from Dalhousie to Amritsar via Pathankot.
- Reach Amritsar by afternoon and proceed to Attari-Wagha Border to witness beating retreat ceremony.
- Visit Golden Temple in evening to witness the beauty under lights when the gliterring gold as near perfect reflection on water.
- Overnight stay at Amritsar.
- Post breakfast, visit Golden Temple again to observe its heer beauty and take darshan.
- Visit Jalianwala Baug which is adjcenet to Golen temple and travel to Airport to catch your return flight
- End the trip with happy memories.