The Land of High Passes, Ladakh, the newly created Union Territory in India (previously a part of Jammu & Kashmir), boasts a landscape that can leave you with your jaws dropped. It is a place where the landscape changes dramatically, it is truly astonishing to see the mountains, snow, cold desert, alpine meadows and lakes at a short distance from each other. Tourism in Ladakh is an absolute delight for nature lovers as well as adventurers.
Adorned with the lofty barren mountains, Ladakh is home to some of the highest motorable passes like Khardung La (5359 m), Marsimik La (5582 m), and Chang La (5360 m), and alpine lakes like Pangong Tso (4350 m) and Tso Moriri (4522 m). Ladakh is further divided into three regions - Leh, Nubra, and Zanskar, and each region has several places to see.Ladakh is majorly popular amongst the adventurers who feel welcomed by the number of adrenaline rushing activities offered here. The union territory is amongst the top trekking destinations in India with amazing and unmatched treks like the popular Frozen River Trek/Chadar Trek. Ladakh also has opportunities for mountaineering, motor biking, mountain biking, white water rafting and more.
Adding to its exceptional beauty are the ancient Buddhist monasteries that are mostly nestled in the mountains and are thousands of years old. These monasteries make for the Buddhist pilgrimage destinations in Ladakh and also act as important cultural centres where major religious festivals take place.
|Pickup Point||Srinagar Airport|
|Drop-off Point||Srinagar Airport|
|Mode Of transport||Private Vehicle|
- You will be picked up from Srinagar Airport and get transferred to Hotel in Sonamarg.
- Relax for sometime and then proceed to visit the Thajiwas Glacier which is near to our hotel.
- It is an one hour easy trek to Glacier or you can opt for the horse ride.
- Treks through woodland & meadows lead to a sprawling glacier, popular for sledding & photography.
- Overnight stay at Sonamarg
- Post breakfast, drive from Sonamarg towards Kargil via Zojila Pass (11575 feet).
- You can take a photo stop en route at Zero Point or try your hands at Snow Mobil.
- Driver further north towards Dras (the World's coldest inhabited place) and take a halt at one of the most beautiful war monuments, the Kargil War Memorial.
- Overnight stay at Kargil.
- Post breakfast, Drive to Leh en-route visiting Lamayuru, it is home to one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh, dating back to the 10th century.
- We drive further north covering moon land and Nimmu Point where calm Indus river meets roaring Zanskar.
- We continue our journey to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity. Continue further to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib.
- End our long but picturesque journey at Leh.
- Overnight stay at Leh City.
- Most important part of enjoying your Leh Trip is getting accustomed to weather and high altitude.
- While we process your permits for Nubra and Pangong, Spend your day with local sightseeing of Leh.
- We will start with Shanti Stupa, Royal Leh Palace in morning. Post lunch proceed to Hall of Fame.
- Spend an evening on the streets of Leh Market.
- Enjoy the shopping time and collect some souvenirs.
- Overnight stay at Leh
- The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La Pass (The highest motorable road in the world at 18,380 feet).
- From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to the seemingly endless peak of the Zanskar range and north to the glaciers of Siachen.
- Descend to Diskit Gompa which is the oldest and largest Buddhist monastery in the Nubra Valley of Ladakh.
- Nubra valley is popularly known as the valley of flowers. It is situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas.
- Nubra is the World's Coldest Desert.
- Upon arrival at Nubra, check in to our camp and proceed to Nubra Sand Dunes.
- One can experience camel safari on a Bactrian camel (double humped) amidst dunes and snow-capped mountains.
- Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
- After early breakfast, proceed to Diskit again (headquarter town of Nubra Valley).
- Diskit is world famous for 515 years old Buddhist Monastery, lying magnificently situated on a hilltop, facing the entire valley.
- Drive further to Tangtse and Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet.
- This famous blue water lake is 5-6 km wide and 130-135 km long with 70% coming under China's territory.
- One really feels so close to the nature and environment and the views are unforgettable.
- After the grand success of 3 idiots, this amazing lake attracts more tourists from all over the world.
- Camp near Pangong Lake in Swiss Luxury Tents.
- Morning at leisure on the banks of Pangong and later we drive back to Leh via Thiksey Monastery.
- Chang La Pass is the Third Highest Motorable Road in the world.
- The Chang La is a high mountain pass in the Ladakh located at an elevation of 5.360 m (17,590 feet) above sea level.
- Our first stop will be Shey Palace, The main attraction of the monastery is the 10 meters high gigantic copper-gold gilded statue of a seated Shakyamuni Lord Buddha.
- Return to Leh by late evening and overnight stay at Leh.
Post breakfast, get transferred to Leh Airport and end the trip with happy memories.