Spiti valley, also known as the “Middle Land” is a Trans-Himalayan terrain bordering with Tibet at an average altitude of 4000 meters. Spiti valley is home to some of the oldest monasteries in the Himalayan region like Tabo monastery, Dhankar monastery, Sherkhang monastery and Kye monastery, strong hold of Buchen Lamas in Pin Valley, famous for Tibetan medicine system and Amchis, fossils of Langza village, highest motorable villages and passes, scenic lakes, a 1000-year-old culture, tough life, beautiful villages and people and out of this world landscape. Come and explore with us as we travel to a civilization frozen in time.
|Pickup Point||Chandigarh Airport at 1pm on 11th June|
|Drop-off Point||Chandigarh Airport at 4pm on 18th June|
|Mode Of transport||Tempo Traveller|
DAY 1 : CHANDIGARH TO NARKANDA
- On arrival at Chandigarh Airport, we all will meet and proceed to Narkanda - Gateway of Spiti Valley, escaping the traffic of Shimla city
- Enjoy the scenic drive on your way to Narkanda along Great Himalayan Expressway.
- Check-in to hotel at Nakanda and acclimatize for Himalayan weather.
DAY 2 : NARKANDA TO SANGLA
- Post breakfast, visit Hatu temple in Narkanda - highest peak in the entire Shimla district
- After Rampur, visit the huge construction site of Wangtoo Karcham Dam and the ruthless side of Sutlej River.
- Enjoy the scenic drive via Pine Forest and reach Sangla by evening.
- After check-in to hotel, visit Sutlej River Bridge to capture beautiful sunset.
- Overnight stay at Sangla.
DAY 3 : SANGLA TO KALPA
- Early morning visit to Chitkul Village - the famous last village on the Indo Tibetan border.
- Enjoy the delicious breakfast at India's Last Dhaba OR enjoy lip smacking hot maggi at India's Last Maggi Point.
- Return to Sangla and drive towards Kalpa - The Quaint Town
- Have a delicious lunch at Reckong Peo
- Visit Suicide point - a place with dangerous trench and vertical slopes, Kalpa Monastry, etc.
- Overnight stay at Kalpa.
DAY 4 : KALPA TO DHANKKAR via KHAB, NAKO & TABO
- Post breakfast, visit magnificiant kinnaur-kailash view point and take darshan of spiti's own kailash, also known as the mountain of Lord Shiva, the breathtaking landscape and the natural beauty of this place makes it worth a visit.
- Drive towards Dhankar via Khab, Nako, Tabo villages.
- Khab - A beautiful village on India-Tibet border, where Spiti river & Setluj river meet in Kinnaur regio
- Nako - One of India’s best-kept secrets, Nako village, monestry and lake is one beautifull site in summer.
- Tabo - Tabo Gompa, locally known as Tabo Chos-Khor Monastery, is a Buddhist monastery complex consisting of nine sub-temples with with paintings, statues, murals, thangka art, and frescoes.
- Overnight stay at Dhankar.
DAY 5 : DHANKKAR TO KAZA via KOMIC, HIKKIM & LANGZA
- Early morning trek to Dhankar Lake, one of the least explored and most beautiful Lake in Spiti region.
- Come back to Hotel for delicious breakfast and drive to Kaza, check in and rest for sometime.
- In Afternoon, set out to explore small towns of Komic, Hikkim and Langza.
- Hikkim - Famous for housing the world’s highest (14,400 ft.) post office, It is one of the most captivating villages
- Komic - It is a remote village in Spiti valley, having its fame as the Highest village in the world connected with a motorable road,
- Langza - This Village is primarily dominated by the statue of Lord Buddha, overlooking the valley.
- Overnight stay at Kaza.
DAY 6 : KAZA TO CHANDRATAAL via KEY, CHICHAM
- Early morning drive to Kye Gompa, perched high on a pyramid like mountain overlooking beautifull Spiti river below, its one of the most iconic site in Spiti Valley.
- Drive further to Chicham Bridge, the bridge is at a staggering height of 13596 ft and connects the two villages named Chicham and Kibber.
- Drive further to Losar and Short uphill drive to Kunzum pass (4700 m.), highest pass in Spiti Valley mostly covered in Snow throughout the year.
- Descend to Chandrataal, it is the most famous and popular lake in the Lahaul and Spiti Range, the turquoise blue lake is a hidden gem situated in the Chandrabhaga Range.
- Overnight stay at Chandrataal.
DAY 7 : CHANDRATAAL to MANALI via ATAL TUNNEL
- Start early morning to avoid getting stuck in gushing streams and raging waterfalls.
- Drive to Manali via newly constructed engineering marvel, ATUL TUNNEL, the 9 km long tunnel bypasses the Rohtang Pass on the Manali-Leh Highway. It provides all-weather connectivity to the Lahaul Spiti Valley
- Reach Manali by afternoon and explore the surrounding area, mall road on your own.
- Overnight stay at Manali.
DAY 8 : MANALI TO CHANDIGARH
- PEarly morning drive from Manali to Chandigarh.
- Reach Chandigarh by afternoon, explore the city if time permits.
- Take a return flight and end the trip with bag full of mesmerizing memories.